Pages

Friday 8 April 2011

Body Love

So I just finished Gok Wans book, Through Thick and Thin (pictured above, lol). So basically, I adore Gok. He's definitely one of my few heroes. He's a fantastic advocate for body love, body confidence and fashion at any size.
I attribute a lot of my style and my confidence to his philosophy and I LOVE the message he's sent to women all around the world. 
I love my body. It's not perfect, it lets me down sometimes, it doesn't look great in a tube dress, but I LOVE it anyway, because it's the only one I've got.
Being a part of 12WBT has highlighted to me just how insecure some of us are. My own weight loss has  even highighted the skewed habits and views my co workers and friends have. People compliment me on my weight loss and then either state how jealous they are, tell me that they could never do it or tell me one part of their body that they hate/would love to change/would love to cut off. I honestly find everyone I work with (and pretty much most strangers) beautiful in some way, and I feel so sad when they don't see it. 
Losing weight does not make you love your body, the barriers you lose in your head make you love your body. Understanding that this is you- you can improve it, you can become fitter, stronger, weigh less- but you are still going to be you. You're not going to turn into Katy Perry overnight!
I say, embrace individuality. Embrace who you are. Self hate is so destructive.. and its pointless. 
So, take a page out of Gok Wans book (literally) stop wasting time fretting selfishly and get out there!
You'll be amazing.
x x

0 comments:

Post a Comment