Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Exhausted.

Phew. Week 3 is definitely shaping up to be a tough one. 
Weigh in this morning:

Woohooo :D 
So thats a pretty big positive this week. Can't believe that I'm already more a third of the way to my goal weight for this round!

Monday was off to a cracking start, completed my first normal cardio sesh with my HRM and burnt just over 500 cals in 45 mins. So gooood. How did I ever train without it?!
Tuesday I slept in, awaking at 6:05am (the time my train leaves). I decided to do pump class on my lunch break instead, but man oh man did it throw my whole routine out. Work was hectic, but not as hectic as North Sydney Finess First at lunch! I could barely change without elbowing someone in the boob, it was so packed. Yuck. I felt lethargic all morning, hungry after not eating all of my breakfast and just annoyed at myself for sleeping in. I also ended up staying back at work to make up time for my lunch break, so it felt like a really long day. Can't wait for my morning Pump class tomorrow morning, I never thought something that involved waking up at 5.30am would be the highlight of my week.
Today was another dud. I was less then impressed with lunch sadly, rice cakes have never been my thing. I'd much rather have one nice piece of bread or muffin as opposed to four, bland pieces of cardboard. Food that I don't enjoy always puts a downer on my mood, especially if I've prepared it myself, so I had a pretty shitty afternoon. I found myself starving, as I'd only picked at lunch,but was conscious of  eating at the right time to tide me over for my gym sesh. 

Now, this is the biggest downer on my day......
I MISSED TRAINING :( :( :(
Around 4pm today, almost the entire Cityrail network went down due to someone attempting to cause self harm at a major station. Trains came back up just in time for peakhour, but there were extensive warnings about major delays and overcrowding etc. etc. Now, normally, this wouldn't be an issue for me, fine, I'll get home a little late blah blah. BUT. Today, of all days, I left my phone at home. Now I'm not exactly a savvy public transport person. I get on the train, I get off the train, but any more then that and I panic. Especially in crowded peak hour. In fact Monday night, my train terminated suddenly at Strathfield due to another suicide, and I almost had a panic attack. Luckily my boyfriend talked me through and came to pick me up. So the thought of travelling on an altered train schedule, with no phone and thus no security was completely nerve racking.
This combined with my complete exhaustion caused me to ditch the training and go straight home.
I don't regret it, I know that I've been pushing things quite severely with work, sleep and food, so things had to falter at some point. The most important thing now is that this doesn't become a habit, which I'm sure it won't. I still feel determined through my exhaustion.

I have a few red flags coming up. Saturday I'm going to be at Future Music Festival allll day. I won't be drinking alcohol (a first for me), and it'll be a fairly active day, and from memory, food is usually hard to get a hold off due to crowds, so I might even be under calories for the day. You can't BYO food or drinks which is a shame. My main concern is dehydration. Sundays definitely going to be a kill-yourself-on-the-X-trainer-day to make up for all my missed sessions this week. 
The weekend after I'll be on annual leave (THANK GOD) and on a mini break in Nelsons Bay (no gym :S) so I'll need to do some serious planning to make sure I'm getting exercise in. 
I'll keep you posted on plans, any holiday workout ideas will be much appreciated though! At the mo, I'm thinking about getting a Mish DVD and do a little of that to keep up.

Anyway, bed is calling. Good night lovelies! x x

0 comments:

Post a Comment